Friday, February 13, 2009

Just a quick update before bed

I'm getting my bags packed for our trip to Vegas for Deanna's volleyball tournament. Our fight leaves first thing in the morning so I'll only get about 3 hours of sleep tonight if I'm lucky before we get up to fight traffic and security at the airport. Pray for Deron as I am not a morning person...lol. Thank you Maite for making our flight plans possible.
I had the honor of meeting a wonderful family tonight. They are the Hale family with 3 beautiful little girls. They put on a golf tournament in December in honor of ME. I was so set back when Deron told me that some guy (we had no clue who he was) left him a message at work telling him that he put on this tournament and raise money for our family and to call him so we could meet. I have been so blessed to have such amazing people surrounding me. Tonight we met and they were such awesome people. I want to thank you both and all of your friends so much for doing this for my family. You have no idea how much this means to us. They even took pictures and put together a slide show for me. It is below for everyone to enjoy.


Then after leaving the Hale family...I took my kids and mom across the street to Olive Garden. Our waitress and I got to talking about my situation (I'm not sure how it came up) but her father is a colon cancer SURVIVOR. She had no idea that she and what ever siblings she has must get checked every 5 years. I know that the Lord put us at her table to have that discussion. It was just too weird how it all played out. Our God is good!!!! That goes for anyone who has a relative that has had colon cancer (well...any cancer for that matter), YOU MUST GET CHECKED!! You can NOT wait until you are older or "at the age that they cancer come about". I've learned that cancer does not discriminate on age, race, religion...you must talk with your doctors and DEMAND to be screened. Some doctors don't discuss things like this with you. YOU have to be in the driver seat with your own life. You might have to deal with the insurance companies for approval if your "not of that age yet" (Agh...that just irritates me about insurance companies...this in another topic for another day). Early detection is key people...with any cancer. Okay...I'm off that soap box for now. I've got to get to bed.
I wish everyone a wonderful Valentines Day and President's Day. My Valentines Day looks like this...volleyball most of the morning and afternoon...hopefully a nap...dinner (not sure where yet) and KA Cirque Du Soleil show at the MGM Grand. I'm so excited. I've never seen a show in Vegas before. I'll let you know next week what we thought of it.


Much love,

Kim Miller

No comments: