Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Melissa's Request

I thought I would share the posting that our dear friend, Melissa posted on her blog. Melissa is a 31 year old lung cancer patient at Cancer Treatment Centers of America that we all met and grew to love. I sure miss seeing Melissa and enjoyed every minute I had with her. Please send some prayers Melissa's way as well. She is fighting a courageous battle with her cancer and became another best friend of Kim.

Here is part of Melissa's Blog for August 27th:
Today our dear friend Kim passed away. She was my “neighbor” at the Cancer Treatment Centers. She and her family were so kind to me while I was there and treated me as part of their family when I didn’t have anyone there. My heart goes out to her family and friends. She was just a young mother with a whole life ahead of her, but I guess god has decided there is another place for her now. It just makes everything so much more real. I was in her room yesterday once I was discharged to say goodbye and she was already not looking well. Her whole family was there with friends surrounding…you could just feel the love in the room. Even though I didn’t know her long, I know the type of person she was, just by who she surrounded herself with. I only wish there was more that I could do. It makes me so angry at this cancer and what it does to people! It makes me scared for myself and to know that someday I may be feeling Kim’s pain and in her shoes. It was only a couple of days ago that we were joking around with each other and laughing.
Please keep her family, friends, nurses, doctors, and all those that knew her in your thoughts and prayers tonight.

Aunt Kathy

1 comment:

~Angela~ said...

Aunt Kathy,
Thanks so much for keeping this blog up. You are wonderful. I didn't know Kim personally but I have grown to love her so much this past year by following her on her blog and seeing her pick up the kids from school before she was at the Cancer Center. Her family and friends are AMAZING!!!!