Saturday, August 22, 2009

Update From Aunt Kathy

Kim was having some trouble breathing yesterday and the chest xray showed a large amount of fluid in Kim's lungs, so they did a procedure that drained the fluid from her lungs. It was not a comfortable procedure for Kim, but she should now be able to breathe easier. Her lower extremity and abdomen swelling is better. She has received TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition) the past few days and there is more discussion about placing a feeding tube. They are trying to get her stable enough to do chemo this week.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Kim...You are in our prayers daily and I read your blogs as they are printed...I pray sweetie that your strength will get stronger and that God will touch your body and give you a chance to fight this monster.Texas is praying for you and your family...Nancy

maxine said...

Reminding you that you are in our prayers.........The Arringtons

Vicki J said...

Kim,

I have been following your blog and I continue to pray for you daily. My own journey with Stage 4 Colon Cancer began at Banner Estrella on July 2nd of this year after a visit to the ER with Stomach pains. It was a shocking diagnosis for everyone as I am only 34 years old. I just wanted to let you know that I pray for you and we will beat cancer.

~Vicki