Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm Baaacccckkkk!!!

Hello Everyone,
It is so good to be home. I slept so much last night. I did wake up a few times wondering why no one was in my room poking at me, telling me to take pills, giving me shots in the tummy (which I'm all bruised from), my IV machine beeping, taking my vitals and sticking that thermometer in my mouth, etc. lol Most of you that have been in the hospital know exactly what I'm talking about. My kids were so excited to see us home. I had to show Dylan my incision marks so he understood why he had to be so easy with mommy. My chest tube incision still isn't closed yet so we still have that one covered. Dylan and Kiki have never been so excited to sleep in their own beds. Dylan wanted to make sure that when he woke up I was still going to be home. Therefore, this morning they both ran in to give me a hug and kiss before Daddy took them to school. It is amazing to wake up to your 5 and 7 year old kissing you on the forehead and saying "I love you Mommy". That is probably the best feeling in the world.
I do have to say, giving birth to my children without a Tylenol was easier than having a tube stuck in my chest. I've been trying to use my left arm more and it feels awkward because they had to cut through my muscles and separate my ribs. Didn't you like that awesome description? lol
Anyways, we are done with that. Deron and I had a talk before I was taken into surgery. We were told back in October that I had cancer in my lungs. It was just never confirmed with a biopsy. We decided that if my lungs are positive for cancer then we can't get upset because that is what we were told 7 months ago. It would just be a bonus if it was not cancer. The way I see it is October 20th, 2008 I was told I had cancer in my colon, liver (really bad) and my lungs. Now, May 15th, 2009 I'm told I have cancer in my colon and lungs and my liver is looking pretty good!!! In my eyes, I'm better off now than I was in October. As my Aunt Kathy said, we start chemo again on the 26th. It will be every other week for 6 months like last time. My body responded very well last time and I expect it to do the same this time. I happen to have the worlds best healer on my side...our God!
Thank you all for your prayers...keep them coming!
Thank you Aunt Kathy for keeping everyone posted.

2 comments:

KA said...

Hugs and love to you Sweet Lady. May God continue to hold you in his hands as you continue to travel this journey! :)

Daria said...

It good to be home with your family ... how wonderful.

That is really good news that the cancer in your liver is looking good.

All the best to you,
Daria