Sunday, November 30, 2008

The week of Thanksgiving...

Early in the week, I had a pretty rough time with being nauseous. We had an appointment with a natural doctor (whatever their title is?) at Mayo this past week. They almost didn't allow us to have our appointment because we were late. The reason we were late was I was down stairs in the bathroom for 20 minutes getting sick. I was going to get very upset if we drove one hour to see this guy, then getting sick in the public restroom and not being able to see the doctor. However, the doctor was running late himself and allowed us to still see him. He really gave us good ideas for a well balance diet...something I know nothing about. I was sad to learn I can only have red meat once a month. For all who know my family...we are meat and potato type of people. Fish is a huge part of our new diet...we like fish too so that won't be too difficult. If we really stayed on top of this diet, I shouldn't have to supplement my body with any other supplements. That would be nice. The two days before Thanksgiving day, I was nauseous and I did get sick twice. However, I feel so blessed to only have the minor symptoms I've had. b I prayed that it would be gone and Thanksgiving day and weekend I would be great. Again, the Lord answered my prayers.

Thanksgiving Day was awesome! Most of my family was there. We did miss Kandus who was with friends in Texas. My brother and Cher didn't make it either but they were coming up to the cabin. I was able to eat whatever I wanted and did great. Samantha and Scott came to spend the day with us as well. After being really stuffed and needing to take a nap...Audrea, Kathy, Karrie, Sammy, my mom and I all started on my 400+ person thank you list. It took a while but I think we got the first round completed. Thank you ladies for your help.

Friday was travel day to the cabin. I had a really difficult time sleeping Thursday night so getting up and moving Friday morning was a challenge for me...but we finally made it on the road. It was quite emotional having to go on this family trip without my husband. I guess someone has to stay home and work. I had an emotional moment when we arrived but got over it pretty quickly. The cabin was amazing. It was everything I thought a cabin should be and then some. Friday evening, Kirby made awesome spaghetti. We all got stuffed and lounged by the fireplace. Saturday morning we all woke up and had a great breakfast. I love the men of my family...they all cook. As the men worked in the kitchen, we ladies got the kids and ourselves fed. We then got ready and most of us went fishing. It was so cold. We hiked a bit back to this area where the boys like fishing. It was pretty far but I did very well. It felt so good to be out in the woods with snow on the ground and hiking around. Not only was it cold but the wind as awful and we were on the shady side of the lake. We were wrapped up like Eskimo's. Kiki and Dylan both got help from Uncle Mitch and caught fish. Kiki was such a trooper. She was the only girl that wanted to keep fishing. The only thing was I had to explain to her that we could not bring the fishy home and put it in a glass fish bowl. We eat the fish we catch. She was so upset and wanted no one to eat her fishy. lol After a while most of us were so cold we had to take one of the vehicles and get back to the cabin. Dylan stayed with all the big boys and all the little girls went back with Aunt Karrie, Uncle Mike and I. After everyone grilled their dinner we played a game called Left, Right, Center. The kids were all watching and wanted to play. We all laughed so hard when I lost my money and Dylan said "Can anyone give my mommy some money...She has colon cancer". We couldn't stop laughing. It was so innocent and funny. The kids caught on so quick we let them play. Kiki won the first time and Kayla won the second game. They were all so cute. Kristen then went outside and made a fire in the pit so we could roast marshmallows and make smores. The kids loved it. It was so cold out there that the marshmallows couldn't even make the chocolate warm up at all. But we all enjoyed ourselves. Then off to bed. Today was a day of packing and cleaning. When we were all done and trucks loaded we just sat in the living room and talked about wanting to unpack and stay longer. It was such a great weekend. Hopefully we can make it an annual family trip. I would also love to take my husband and kids back.
We are now home and ready for the reality of school again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a great week before round 4 starts on Friday.

Cabin Pictures....

2 comments:

Kim Gail said...

Want some pictures from your family trip.... I too have some of them to show you from my Texas trip got arranged through Expedia.

gloriaisis1 said...

Hi Kim, We are so happy to hear you are doing so well. You are in our thoughts & prayers! We have wanted to visit you or bring food, but Katharine was sick with bronchial pneumonia 2 weeks ago. She is now healthy. Please let us know if you would like anything, need anything. We live right by the Hospital if you ever need anything. The Naturopath that helped me when we were living in Goodyear is Dr. Karen Freeze on 105th Ave./McDowell Rd. The Dr. I am seeing now is much more thorough and his name is Dr. Eli Ber, in Scottsdale. Love & blessings, Gloria, Patrick & Katharine Lee