Saturday, June 26, 2010

Friend-ish (Erin's new line of vocab)

Dear Kim,

This weekend Erin and I drove to San Diego for a quick weekend get-away...we talked about you and thought about you many times. We miss you each day and hope you are always near by.


As I sat on the beach with Erin, I thought how lucky I am for all I have. I am especially thankful for a few of my closest friends...Erin, Natty, Michelle...and a few others I wouldn't have been close to without you. I honestly don't have the words...

There is so much going on in this life....I just know you are thrilled. Your kids are thriving!! They are truly happy and moving through life as you would hope and pray. They are getting so big...Kiki looks so much like you!! She was blessed with your incredible genetics...and is already stunning. She was wearing a dress tonight...and she has your back!! I know it sounds crazy, but it's true!! Her smile if infectious...and it's constant.

The Phoenix Thunder played their championship game tonight and won 47-0!! Dylan even got to be the "water boy". He's getting so big!! The team raised $5k dollars to donate to the kids...amazing!! They also donated the entry fee ($10 a head) to Travis Murphy's family. If you see him around up there...make sure he knows how much we appreciate his sacrifice. His family is beautiful, and I'm sure they miss him more every day.

Michelle had her colonoscopy today...two polyps were removed. I'm glad she is keeping up with her regularly scheduled check-ups!! Mike had two pre-cancerous polyps removed earlier this year...his brother also had a few removed. Let's just say it's coming from both sides for our kiddos. :) The rest of us have all had our colonoscopies (my 6th) and are good to go...some have had a removal or two, but are clear for a few years. We are starting the prep for our Undy 5000 team this year...we are going to raise more than the Mayo Clinic this year!!

I love and miss you every day. I hope you know how much everyone misses you, but we are all doing okay. We know you don't hurt...and we are getting through this. We know you are so happy...We know you approve. Could you have hand picked anyone better to raise and love your children? And Deron...you'd be so thrilled. He has come so far...a totally different guy...an amazing man. I wish I could talk to you...just once. I just know you had some part in all this. LOL...we wish we knew the Lord's plan, but we are all happy to live and learn each and every day. We love you so much.

Always,

Randi

p.s. can you send me a baby...please? LOL...I don't care- boy or girl...just an amazing spirit that needs a good mom and dad. :) Thanks, Love!! hahahaha

2 comments:

Stefany Pew said...

Oh Randi......you made me bawl from this post. So amazing! I literally have chills running up and down my body. I'm so glad you and Erin got to spend some much needed time together in San Diego. How fun!

Love and miss you always Kimmie! I had my colonoscopy 2 months ago and I was all clean and clear! I plan to have one every 3-5 years. Thank you for being my example and everyone's angel.

Jill said...

Wow!!! This is one of those posts that actually made my heart skip a beat and my eyes were leaking the entire time I read it. Thank you for sharing.