Sunday, February 28, 2010

Aunt Kathy Here

I had a dear friend ask me last week why we aren't writing on the blog on a more regular basis any more and I didn't really have a good answer for him. I told him I would pass the word to encourage everyone to write. Not a day goes by when I don't think about you Kimmie, but I do find peace in knowing that you are not suffering any more. I started a new job in January in the oncology field (was so hoping to find a job in oncology after what we went through with 3 family cancer deaths last year and feel blessed that in my new job, I can truly make a difference in cancer patients lives!) and have had the opportunity to visit with Dr. Zafar and staff, Angela Mayo at the Mayo Clinic and some Nurses who took care of you at Mayo and Banner Estrella. Everyone I talked to remembers you and what an inspiration you are to us all. They all ask about Deron, Nan and the kids and I'm pleased to tell them how well everyone is doing. Not that they don't have days when they are down and miss your terribly, but they are doing as well as can be expected. You would be very proud of Deanna on how she has stepped up to to help Deron care for the kids.
Please watch over Vinny while he travels to Africa on his mission trip. I know you were right there with us helping us raise $ so he could make this trip.
Lastly, your cousin, Kohl could use some hope and encouragement with a very difficult situation he is faced with. If you were here, you would kick his butt for his poor decision making. Although, we know there are no mistakes in life and this experience will make him a better person.
Love and Miss You Pretty Lady,
Aunt Kathy

No comments: