Sunday, August 16, 2009

Grilled Cheese

I got the pleasure of spending the day with Kim today, so the family could all be in attendance at Kiki's birthday party this afternoon. I volunteered...okay, I TOLD Nan I was staying with Kim so she could be where she needed to be- with Kiki. :)

We have had a good day so far. She had scrambled eggs & strawberry crapes for breakfast...she ate "four or five BIG bites" but was DONE with the eggs after that. She ate several bites of the strawberry crapes..they looked really good!!

After breakfast...Jessica (Respiratory Therapist that we LOVE) and I took Kim for a ride downstairs. We went outside both the front and back doors. It wasn't too hot, so we sat for a bit and Kim took in some fresh air. We made a pit-stop at the cafeteria for an apple and ice cream and then Jessica took us up to the 5th floor...there is a walk out/balcony area where they are going to put in a healing garden. The garden isn't there yet...so far it's just bricks and cement, but it was fun to see.
Once we were back in the room, we washed Kim's hair, face, teeth, etc and she felt much better...then it was time for lunch. Sylvia (Kim's nurse) ordered Kim a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Kim TOLD me we were sharing. She looked over after a few minutes and wanted to know why I hadn't started eating my half. She agreed that if I ate my entire half, she would eat her entire half. She had a deal. It took her a bit longer than me, but Kim made sure she finished her half before she fell asleep.

I'm so glad I got to spend the day with my friend!!


Xoxo,


Randi

2 comments:

Kristy Kay said...

I am an old friend of Kim's from elementary school. I have been following this blog since I found out about her condition. I would love to send her a private note and was wondering where I could do that (even e-mail is fine). Please let me know what is the best way to contact Kim. My e-mail is joneskristykay@yahoo.com. My maiden name was Kristy Kay Stover. We were is 4th grade together at SS&Jude.

debi9kids said...

What a wonderful friend and probably such a comfort to Kim.
Blessings.