Sunday, February 1, 2009

Round 8 is over!!

As I expected, I did not have to do the 46hr. pump again due to the Neuropathy in my hands. It isn't really bad but the fact it has not gone away is not good. We did the same chemo as last time. We did not talk about clinical trials the past week. I have scans this week so as soon as they can get them done, I'm hoping to get my results Monday, February 9th. Keep praying for positive results. Saturday we attended a benefit concert for me the was put on by Sentimental Journey. They were awesome. If you have a chance, you have to check them out where ever they play. Thank you so much Sentimental Journey! My hands today are a bit swollen but not bad at all. I'm able to open my own water bottles today, yeah!!! I've been pretty tired the past two days but not nauseous. I was given a new nausea pill called Emend (recommended by Susan Turley's brother, thank you). I was not nearly as nauseous this go around and I never did get sick on Friday!!!! I'm excited to have asked my doctors if I could push back my next treatment so Deron and I could make it to Deanna's biggest tournament of the year in Las Vegas over Valentines weekend. They told me that important family events can not be missed due to chemo. I need to run my life...not the chemo. That made me feel so good about asking. Therefore, my next treatment will be February 20th. I go get a massage from Sue tomorrow to help get the chemo and toxins running out of my body. Wednesday I have the genetics testing appointment. I'm not sure what to expect. This testing will determine if I'm just the random 10% who just get cancer or if I now have the genetic line that my children will need to be screened in their teenage years and every few years after.
Thank you to all the women who continue to bring dinners to my family that I was able to spend the evening with last Thursday night. I had a blast meeting you all and hope to be able to get together next month.
I just finished watching to Super Bowl game and it was a nail biter. I was so hoping that our AZ Cardinals would pull off that win but it just didn't work. Congrats to the Cards for an amazing game played! I'm off to get in bed. Goodnight! As always...keep the prayers coming...our gracious God hears us.

Much love,

Kim

4 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Kim:
You are simply an inspiration to all who know you! We are praying in our home and in our church & I know God hears all of us!

Stefany Pew said...

I'm glad you are able to open your water bottles this go-around! Yay! Every little ounce of progress is great right!? Keep going strong Kim! And yes....I too was hoping for a win from the Cardinals! :(

Maybe I'll see you in Vegas! I'll be there with my team as well. Let's go hit the slots and get lucky! Haha

Briana said...

Congratulations on completing your 8th round of chemo! I'm going through round 6 right now...with the bag connected for the next 2 1/2 days. I hear you about the neuropathy stuff -- it's no fun at all.

I was wondering...what kind of chemo are your receiving? I've been put on FOLFOX -- it's working amazingly well and there's no hair loss with it. Maybe something to ask your oncologist if things don't continue to diminish as effectively as they have been. Will you be having surgery at all? I absolutely had to have it since the tumors were so large and some were obstructing my colon so that I couldn't have bowel movements....aargh.

The surgeries I had required a major recovery, so I'm praying you won't have to experience what I did.

Keep up the positive attitude. You're doing great!!!

Gayla said...

Kim,

So glad to hear you are done with round 8 ! You are so strong-it just amazes me!

Hope all your tests go well and will be watching the blog for updates. Sounds like you have some fantastic people there helping you out and that is wonderful!

I know you will have a great time with your family in Vegas at Deanna's VB game. And good luck to her as well! Enjoy Vegas!


Tell everyone hello from me and let Deron know that I am thinking of him as well. If you talk to Debbie tell her I think of her often as well!

Take care ,

Gayla and Connor
Guard Kansas cousins