Monday, November 3, 2008

I feel so blessed!

I'm feeling like the luckiest girl around. Through tough times in life you tend to find how many friends you really have. This is by far the toughest challenge I've been faced with. I'm not sure why...I don't even ask why. All I know is this will challenge me more than anything has ever challenged me and I'm ready to fight. I have been reading all these emails going back and forth between my family and friends to coordinate this upcoming fundraiser for my family....I'm almost in tears. Between all the dinners to feed my family, helping with cleaning, laundry, etc...you have no idea how much this has helped us this past week. Many of you have been in my life for a few years now and have seen me quite a bit while so many others I grew up with and haven't seen in quite a few years. I could only hope that I have been as good of a friend to all of you as you all are being to me. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, especially through these trying times. There is no words for me to express my gratitude to you all...from everyone at my work (John Laing Homes), to the Police and Fire Depts., to childhood friends, college friends and my wonderful family. Just know how much this all means to me and my family.

This afternoon we have an appointment with the top radiologist in Arizona. We are uncertain if radiation is in my near future or not but we are gathering info. With one of my chemo meds, bleeding is a possible side effect, therefore, radiation may not be in my near future. However, we start round 2 of chemo on Friday. My chemo treatments actually last over 52 hours. Yep...that is a 52. My first 6+ hours will be at Mayo Clinic and then they will hook me up to a pump (not sure what to expect) that will slow drip for the following 46 hours. Sunday evening, round 2 will be completed!!!!! I'm excited. Chemo is my friend. I know that sounds crazy but it will help me beat this beast. I did awesome with round 1 and will do the same with round 2. I do my visualization each night after my prayers. I am taking one day at a time. If I think too far into the future, I get overwhelmed with everything that I think "needs" to get done. We are learning to make our lists of things to get done and accomplish them when we can.

It's time to get ready now. I'll be back in a few days to update. Wednesday, we have a "Chemo class". Not sure what to expect but I'll let you know how it goes.

We love you all so much.

Kim

No comments: